The following are a collection of spiritual insights I noted during my 40 day juice fast:
- The more I explore life, the simpler it becomes
- Let he who hath ears, let him hear
- We grow as blades of grass, up through the earth
- Be as the blade of grass, grow through the dirt
- Dirt, or earth, is analogous to all resistance we encounter
- The more I accept lovingly what is, the more I can receive
- Life is short, do what you love
- You truly can bloom where you are planted
- Be grateful – for everything
- Every thought can be a prayer
- You cannot say “thank you” enough times each day
- Saying or thinking “thank you” in every moment is enlightenment
- I am of Native American descent, this is why I have such deeply rooted feelings about “ownership” of anything
- No one owns their so-called “land”. Think about it. They really don’t.
- Tear down the fences and love one another
- Don’t yell at me – what is all the yelling for? You do not control me.
- Reality is ONLY what we perceive
- Unplug to walk my dog, plug into God
- God is everywhere
- Space is everywhere
- Space is not void
- God exists in the space
- In everything there is space (think molecules)
- There is no path to “everywhere”
- No path is required, nor building either
- No dogma is required, only faith
- Faith is the substance of all things hoped for, things yet unseen
- Faith IS a substance
- When you pray, your faith becomes it (your faith has made you WHOLE)
- God exists in all
- Breathe, let God in
- Breathe, let God
- Breathe, let go
- We do not create space
- Space just is
- We do not create God
- God just is
- Think good, think God, thank God – the difference one letter makes
- I am a circle, a diamond, a mandala
- As a diamond has facets, so do you, at least a few are glistening, shining
- I can be grateful even for the muddy / milky facets of others, as it causes me to ask / hope for improvement
- We are as a tapestry, all the stories of our lives weave a pattern
- God sees all of our facets, all of our challenges and complexities
- God knows all of our possibilities, our potential
- Like electricity to a switch, it is up to each of us to allow pure positive energy to flow, or switch it off
- Switching off pure positive source energy causes dis-ease in the body
- God sees us all as a whole, in a perfect state of well-being
- Jesus healed by not seeing (accepting) the dis-ease – faith makes one whole
- Jesus saw our perfection, wholeness so dis-ease just “fell away” in his presence
- We are mirrors of each other
- No two people can ever experience anything the same way
- You hold the probability to be nice, or the probability not to be
- I appreciate all the probabilities you hold within you
- God really is an aWEsOMe life-force, energy, Creator, Immanence, All-pervading, Ever-Living, Omniscience.
- No body is perfect, not even our teachers
- We are ALL on a journey
About the fast:
My belief is that I must be tuned EXACTLY to the right frequency or I will not clearly RECEIVE the signal and the best way (for me) to clear out the clutter of my mind, is to find something strong to focus on, in this case, my will not to eat. This fast has allowed me better reception.
I chose a 40 day fast because 40 days is a significant number in the Bible and because I have been reading about several others juice fasting experiences, and 40 seems to be the number of days most have been successful completing.
Bible references to 40 days:
- Genesis 7:4 – It rained 40 days and 40 nights during the Great Flood
- Genesis 8: 3-8 – Noah sent out the raven 40 days after the waters receded and the Ark settled on Mount Ararat
- Genesis 25: 20 – Isaac married Rebecca when he was 40 years old
- Genesis 26: 34 – Esau was 40 years old when he married his two wives
- Genesis 16: 35-6 – The Israelites ate manna for 40 years while wandering in the desert
- Exodus 24: 18 – Moses spent 40 days and nights on Mount Sinai before returning with the original commandments
- Exodus 24: 28 – Moses returns and fasts for 40 days and 40 nights
- Numbers 13: 25 – The scouts from the 12 tribes spied out the Promised Land 40 days before they returned a bad report
- Numbers 14: 33; Deuteronomy 29: 4 – Therefore, the Israelites were required to spend 40 years “wandering” in the wilderness
- Numbers 13: 5; Joshua 14: 7 – Joshua was 40 years old when he spied with the scouts
- 1 Samuel 17: 16 – Goliath “taunted” Israel 40 days before his defeat by David
- 2 Samuel 5: 4- King David reigned for 40 years
- 1 Kings 11: 42 – King Solomon reigned for 40 years
- Jonah 3: 4 – Jonah preacahed to Nineveh for 40 days before they repented
- 1 Kings 19: 8 – Elijah fasted 40 days in the wilderness
- Leviticus 12: 1-4 & Luke 2: 22-4 – Purification of Mary is 40 days after birth of Jesus
- Matthew 4: 1-2 – Jesus spent 40 days Fasting in the Desert after His baptism
- Acts 1: 3 – Jesus also spent 40 days on earth following His Resurrection
- Jesus, by tradition, spent 40 hours in the tomb.
The above Bible list reference was noted in, and with thanks to: Richard “Rick” Torretto author of Divine Mercy and the Biblical Significance of 40 Days.
Since learning that raw food is the cleanest and best food to eat, vibrationally speaking, I chose to limit my juice fasting to raw food (adding only a bit of cultured dairy if I become too weak since I am working 40 hours and driving 10 hours weekly during the fast).
Health wise, this fast will serve to clean my body of toxins, junk in the gut, and overall bring my body to a healthier level. I’ve also inspired at least one coworker to embark upon a 10 day fast.
Focus of attention is needed to attain any desire.
As of 4/6/13 I successfully completed my 40 day juice fast, or as some call it… a juice feast! I was sooo happy to have completed this quest and feel absolutely light and wonderful!
As of 12/7/14 I have completed seven weeks of juice fasting and souping. I am only counting because at some point in the future I want to be able to look back and acknowledge all of this but I plan to live this way. The way I describe my current program is: Raw juice fast all day, every day. Then for the early evening “meal” have one bowl of soup (primarily made up of organic vegetables, lentils, or chili).
I am making this conscious choice in order to:
- Reset my body’s hunger clock
- Reset my priorities
- Allow myself more time for prayer, meditation, writing, while not needing to consider so much what I eat
- Observe my habits and decide any I want to change
- Determine what foods cause inflammation in my body (that I will never eat again)
- Flour and yeast products cause me issues so no more bread, biscuits, cake, etc.
- Determine what foods allow my body to reach my ideal weight / shape and feel its best
People tell me more insights may come to me in the weeks that follow so as those insights come, I will tweet them on Twitter. You can follow me there if you would like.
You can search for me on Twitter at: takeonyourself. Thanks to all my readers for your support!