This is an analysis of CONNECTIONS…
I’ve been saying YES to many things for many years which, has brought me to this place, to write about connections. The connections we all make everyday. When you step outside your door each day, a HUGE potential exists for you to connect with someone new that offers the possibility to alter the direction of your life!
Are you OPEN to the possibilities? Are you open to making new connections?
The Merriam-Webster definition of connection is: “join two or more things“, “the state of being connected” and “a situation in which two or more things have the same cause, origins, goal, etc.” What does this remind you of? It reminds me of Jesus’ sayings:
“…if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.”
“…where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”
So, you need to be open don’t you? You need to be willing to be one of the two parties involved in making a connection.
When you step foot outside each day, first you connect with the ground (unless you live on a boat)! And in that case, as you step a toe in water, you cause a ripple–and I wonder what the fish and other water creatures perceive of your toe in the water?
When you put your foot on the floor upon awakening, or at the least, when you step your foot outside your door try this: say to yourself, Thank You. Try this for a week, or two. Do you find any new awareness’ opening to you?
Once you’re outside, chances are, you connect with another person. Are you grumpy? Not feeling well? Anxious because you’re running late?
Time is a man-made concept. Not everyone lives by the same rules about time either. So, take a breath. Smile at the person in front of you. Be grateful you have the opportunity for this interaction, even if it’s a short interaction.
Just be grateful. Anything can happen to you today!
If there’s ever a time when you start to feel sorry for yourself, read the account of Job in the Bible.
You can live with less ego in your life when you understand that we’re all connected. Be in gratitude daily – whether something you label as GOOD or something you label as BAD happens to you. One will feel good, the other will teach you something – IF you’re open and willing to learn. See with new eyes and hear with new ears! Isn’t this an exciting time to be alive on planet Earth???
We are connected to the Earth, to the cosmos, to the air, water, plant life, and every living being and creature on the planet in one way or another. We can turn away, or we can embrace these connections. My belief is we can only become better people for embracing these connections.
American astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson has said, “We are all connected; To each other biologically. To the earth chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.
The point is: you really can’t even walk outside without being faced with opportunities to connect with others. You can choose to make those connections good, or not so good. Your attitude and how you respond to others really does make a difference. Not just to them, but to YOU.
You can learn to become more in tune with the connections all around you.
One of my healers, Nora Ross gave me another tactic to promote peace. When someone approaches me I am to say to myself (using my inner dialog) “I love you” toward them.
What I have found is that when I can practice this the way I respond to people changes. If someone approaches me for assistance I say to them, “How may I bless you today?” or “How may I help (serve) you today?” instead of “Yes?” or “What?” then this becomes quite a profound experience and allows a magnificent exchange to occur.
For more, about how we’re all connected read the book “Transform Your Life Book 2 – Inspirational Stories and Expert Insights “ that includes my chapter called, “We Are All Connected”. This is my first co-author book project and it’s filled with timeless insight from many gifted authors.
For more about being open, look for my second co-authored book (coming soon!) called, The Energy of Receiving” by Happiness Publishing. My chapter is called, “Open to Receive”.
I’ve been living by, and thinking in agreement with these two mantras for many years: “We Are All Connected” and “God’s timing is always perfect“. However, this is a PROCESS, there is NO COMPLETION or finish line.
Philosophy would also aim for us to “know thyself“. Indeed one of the most profound connections we can uncover is how our inner being is connected to God.
Some of the major connections in my life have been / are:
- Without my mom sharing a bite of her sandwich with my dad, I would not be here
- Without my body having experienced asthma my mom may have not taken me to a chiropractor as a child whom first taught me about natural (even holistic) health care
- Without my maternal grandparents going to the church they did, my mother following their lead, and raising me within a Living God believing Christian faith, I would not have experienced the healing power of God via “laying on of hands” – the first and most powerful Source of Energy Medicine
- Without my dad being in the Citizen Band (CB) business (isn’t that interesting and perfect for me? It was all about Frequency) I would not have met my first husband, father to both of my children
Are you getting a sense of the convergence that occurred already by this point in my life that’s brought me to the awareness you’re reading in my posts?
- Without my friend Margie (also of the same Ever-Living “God still speaks today” kind of Christian faith) I would not have taken my first college class, which led to me working for a University for 10 years and obtaining my first degree in Aviation Business Administration (lots of emphasis on writing, both during my work there and their rigorous science degree program).
- Without one mentor friend in particular, Digi , I wouldn’t have moved out of the higher ed arena to the corporate world (1997).
- Without my friends Nancy and Holly I would not have met my wonderful “love of my life” hubby Richard! (And thank you Suzi for marrying us!) And without my friend Pattie, I might not have met her sister Nancy!
- Without continuing my education I wouldn’t have the current financially strong and relevant career I have today (as well as, meeting beautiful coworkers/mentors along the way – many played a pivotal role).
- Without Richard introducing me to juicing, distilled water, and a healthier way to eat (no soda or fast food since 2003) I am quite sure I would not be as healthy as I am today, and later… all those baby steps enabled me to go raw vegan, do a 40 day juice fast, etc.
- Without Richard’s auntie Millie, (her wisdom and encouragement was so enlightening to me) I would not have tried acupuncture
- Without listening to my own inner guidance (gut feelings) when I didn’t feel the first acupuncture doctor was right, going back and seeing Joan Massey, Doctor of Oriental Medicine for several months and asking her questions, learning, and following her advice, I would still have asthma
- Without beginning my quest for health at HealthQuest (when Dr. Joan was there) I wouldn’t have met Dory Valentine my massage therapist and yoga teacher. I also began having colon hydrotherapy at HealthQuest (they may not offer these now) but I continued with this after moving to Orlando and found a great deal of healing from the practice.
- Without Joan I wouldn’t have met Nora Ross (who treated me using multiple modalities including Raindrop Therapy and therapeutic essential oils)
- Without God leading me to put my hands together when I pray and my own inner being allowing the asthma in my body to reverse and heal I would not be writing and speaking about natural and holistic health, nor would I be as healthy as I am today – able to do so much! No diseases, no aches or pains, no surgeries (as in “replacements”), and NO medications!!!
- Without my kids, who are now grown up, I would not have a granddaughter and via marriage, a great-granddaughter who teach me much about the simplicity of being excited and thrilled all over again with all the little things of life.
I honor all of the people who have blessed me in my journey. The connections I have experienced in my life, most all have enabled me to learn and grow in some aspect.
I continue honoring all of my connections today!
Thank you to my recruiter and friend, Doreen Austin, and a referral from a previous coworker that culminated in bringing me to work in St. Petersburg, Florida–moving from Orlando, July 2013. Oh, how delicious life has become!
I would not yet be a published author without the connections afforded me by holistic life coach Dr. Alison J. Kay, (who also has a practice that assists in the clearing of our subconscious blocks). I found Dr. Kay on LinkedIn and reached out to her several times, even before moving to sort of pre-pave the way for me to work (in some / any capacity) in the holistic health and wellness arena, and continue writing on a subject that thrills me immensely on a soul level.
In Dr. Kay’s book, “What If There’s Nothing Wrong” she discusses the scientific evidences along with ancient understandings of various aspects of connection – connection of the mind to the body, “an interconnection between all animate life”, and how science is proving these connections. Dr. Kay’s book connects with what I have been studying and writing about as she states, “the mind-body connection puts the power back in the hands of the individual…” and this is the basis of my upcoming third book, “Take It Upon Yourself”.
Dr. Oz says on Oprah’s website, “…the next big frontier in medicine is energy medicine“. I believe we are at an exquisite time in history when western medicine will open to the connections to the subtle energies that guide us, working in and through us all.
Dr. Alison J. Kay introduced me to Joeel and Natalie Rivera of Transformation Magazine and Transformation Publishing while I was assisting her at the Atman Center during an event. And there, I also met Mary Ann of Awakened Fibers. I think of Mary Ann daily when I hug my Beau pillow (read about that here). And Alania Starhawk of We Believe In Light. And by assisting Dr. Kay at the second annual Awakening Into The Sun festival (initially at First Unity of St. Petersburg), which led me to participating at the 3rd annual Awakening festival, and now, volunteering at the new Awakening Wellness center (a dream of mine) and volunteering with the 4th annual Awakening festival! How does it get any better than this? Woo-hoo!
“Sure, most physicists will tell you it’s impossible to feel this entanglement, this “spooky” connection to another living being. But when you reflect on a past love or a mother’s inexplicable knowledge of their child in danger; then you really have to stop and look at the evidence. There is proof that we are all connected, and it has more to do with the creation of the universe than the simple fact that we are all humans.”
Read more about how we are all connected here.
In my experience, if your heart is pointed in the direction of LOVE you emanate a vibration, sending ripples of unconditional love and compassion outward, which allow you to be a blessing to others. You will help yourself and lift others.
If you don’t know what to do next, follow what feels lighter (vs. heavier) and really feel for these guiding feelings IN your body before making a particular choice. Many call that listening to their “gut feeling”. I call these my “God bumps” and they are my validation that I’m heading the right way. My way, may not be your way. But, there are many paths that lead to the same destination.
Don’t ignore your inner guidance – it exists for a reason. You were fearfully and wonderfully made.
If you want to experience greater prosperity, health, and vitality, choose thoughts that move you in the direction that FEELS good to YOU.
If you would like to experience emotional freedom from anxiety, pain, or other negative emotion–reach out to me. I am here to help.
Please check out my books, other blog titles here and share with others.
Be a blessing – ALL ways.
Amen and Namaste.